WhenWorks eliminates the hassle of scheduling meetings by allowing clients and colleagues to book time with you online, only when you’re free and only during the time slots you’ve defined.
Setup is a breeze. Just install the app on your iPhone to create your free WhenWorks account and you’ll immediately have a web page where guests can book appointments with you online.
WhenWorks integrates directly with the built-in Calendar app on your iPhone, so it always knows your real-time availability and instantly updates your calendar as appointments are booked online.
WhenWorks is ideal for anyone who needs to regularly schedule appointments with clients and colleagues, including sales people, technical support and training representatives, financial advisors, attorneys, educators, personal trainers, massage therapists, and more.
How it works
- Use the iOS app to create rules that define when, where and how long you’re available to meet with others.
- Share your scheduling link with clients and colleagues to view your availability and book appointments with you online.
- When a guest books an appointment, a confirmation email is sent to you and the guest and the event is added to your calendar automatically.
What makes WhenWorks unique?
There are many competitive services in this space. What they all have in common is that they are purely web-based solutions. What makes WhenWorks unique is that it is a mobile app that integrates directly with the Calendar app on your iOS device, is far easier to configure and use, more secure, and always with you when you need it.
WhenWorks supports all of the leading calendar services (iCloud, Google Calendar, Office 365 and Outlook.com) but is particularly well-suited for those who use iCloud, due to its deep integration with the built-in Calendar on iOS.
Here are its unique advantages:
- Zero Configuration – WhenWorks runs on your iPhone and connects directly to the Calendar app on your device. When you first launch the app, you’re asked to grant it access to your calendar. Tap OK and you’re done! The app will then have the ability to see your free/busy status across all of the calendars on your device (even across multiple services like Google, iCloud and Exchange) and will be able to instantly add new events to your calendar when clients book appointments with you online.
- Convenience – Since WhenWorks is an app, it’s super convenient to create event types and modify availability rules as needed and send email links to clients or colleagues while on the bus/train or out and about without having to login to a website on your desktop.
- Security – Since WhenWorks connects to the built-in app on your device (using EventKit), it does not require you to provide your username and password for each of the calendar services you are syncing with (iCloud, Google, Exchange, etc.). Web-based solutions, on the other hand, require you to provide your login credentials for each of the third-party calendar services you are syncing with, which is a big security risk. Since WhenWorks doesn’t know or store the login credentials for your third-party calendar services, there’s no risk of that information getting hacked.
- iCloud support – If you’re an iCloud user, WhenWorks does not require you to create an app-specific password for accessing your iCloud calendar information. The web-based solutions are required to use an app-specific password for accessing your iCloud calendar, which is a show-stopper for many users.
- Supports multiple calendar services simultaneously – If you use more than one calendaring service (e.g. Google for work and iCloud for home), WhenWorks can view your availability across all of those calendars simultaneously so that both your work related events and personal events block your free time. What’s more, you can create different event types for different calendars. For example, phone calls can get added to your work calendar and Lunch appointments can get added to your personal calendar. The alternative web-based solutions only work with one calendar service at a time.
A 14-day free trial is available on the App Store. After that, all features remain available for free but heavy users (who book more than five meetings each month) must pay a subscription fee for the Pro version.
- Online Scheduling Page
- Unlimited Event Types
- Support for iCloud, Google Calendar, Office 365 and Outlook.com
- Schedule up to 5 appointments each month
- Everything in the Free plan, plus
- Schedule unlimited appointments each month
A WhenWorks Pro subscription can be purchased from the App Store via In-App Purchase for:
- $5 per month, or
- $50 per year
Scheduling appointments involves two parties:
- Host – a user who has created a WhenWorks account for Guests to view their availability and book appointments with them online. The Host must install the WhenWorks app on an iOS device running iOS 11 or greater.
- Guest – a user who visits the WhenWorks website to book appointments with a Host. Guests do not need the WhenWorks app. All a Guest needs is a web browser.
Getting Started Guide
WhenWorks is a small team of talented and passionate developers focused on providing a convenient, friction-free scheduling experience for its customers. With a focus on iOS, WhenWorks provides a delightful in-app experience for anyone who needs to regularly schedule appointments with clients and colleagues, including sales people, technical support and training representatives, financial advisors, attorneys, educators, personal trainers, massage therapists, hair stylists and more.
WhenWorks was founded in Seattle in 2017 by John Chaffee, a serial entrepreneur who has a long history of building great apps focused on scheduling and productivity. John got his start in the 1990’s as a product manager for Now Up-to-Date, a revolutionary network calendar for Mac OS 7. He was an early mobile pioneer as co-founder of SplashData in 2000, which developed productivity apps for Palm, Windows Mobile and Symbian, before the advent of the iPhone. He then co-founded BusyMac in 2007, creators of the award-winning BusyCal for Mac and iOS. WhenWorks is the third startup that John has founded.
In 2019 Rosemary Orchard took over WhenWorks, including maintenance and development.